My preferred method of cleaning carpets is hot water extraction; commonly referred to as “Steam Cleaning”. I have invested over £15,000 in the most modern equipment available.
There can be a temptation to leave out one or more of these processes to save time. However, I rarely book more than one customer a day, which allows me enough time to clean your carpets thoroughly using this 9 stage process.
- Room Preparation. I will move larger furnishings such as sofas and chairs. For insurance reasons I ask all customers to move smaller, valuable items such as ornaments before I arrive.
- Vacuum. Then I vacuum your carpets using a powerful Sebo commercial vacuum cleaner. You will be amazed at what this is capable of picking up after you have vacuumed, it beats a Dyson any day.
- Carpet Treatment. Depending on the carpet type any spots or stains will be treated at this point or after extraction. The nature of the stain and fibre must first be determined before any attempt to remove is made.
- Pre-Spray. Next your carpet will be pre-sprayed which will help break up any dirt still present in your carpet.
- Agitation. The pre-spray will be agitated into the carpet with a specially designed machine with contra rotating brushes. The same principle as rubbing your hands together when you wash them to loosen the dirt.
- Hot water extraction. Now the really interesting bit! Hot water extraction or steam cleaning. For this I use a very powerful machine capable of temperatures of 110C. It applies a fine jet of steaming hot solution under high pressure directly into the carpet fibres, it is then immediately extracted using powerful vacuum pumps. This is performed almost simultaneously, therefore not allowing the base of the carpets to become sodden. Thus, considerably speeding up the drying time.
- Drying. A powerful air mover is then placed in the room. This can speed the drying time of carpet and upholstery up to 70%.
- Grooming. Where appropriate, the carpet will be groomed using a carpet rake.
- Replace Furniture. Finally furniture is replaced on either Styrofoam blocks or foil tabs. This prevents any residual moisture in the carpet from leeching furniture stain that might otherwise spoil your beautiful clean carpet.
Carpet manufacturers recommend that carpets are cleaned once a year to help maintain their quality as well as prolong their life. Built up soils, grit and dust can act like sandpaper in your carpet fibres, shortening the lifespan of your carpets and making traffic lanes look faded and worn well before the time you would expect. Investing in professional carpet cleaning and maintenance means your carpets can last longer and you can save money in the long run. You might also like to consider ordering our upholstery cleaning service in Southend whilst your carpets are being cleaned.
At Roffey Cleaning we know the idea of having your carpets cleaned can seem like a daunting task but when you book us, we can take away some of the worry for you. Our professional cleaning program sees us follow a step-by-step process to ensure we get the best results for you. Using the latest techniques, training and recommended products, we are able to determine the best method of cleaning your carpet at home.
Many people in Southend-on-sea have already benefited from our great service, including families that wanted to freshen up their carpets, home movers tackling stains and reviving their home before a sale, landlords cleaning properties at the end of tenancies, and even just those homes which need a little TLC from doing a Spring clean! Call us today to book your carpet cleaning service in Southend or across Essex.
Frequently Asked Questions
This depends on how much use they get. If they’re only used infrequently then it could be once every year or two. If they get a lot of use then a couple of times a year can be beneficial to keep out smells and bacteria.
Each rug requires slightly different care and maintenance, we’re happy to offer some tip on how to keep yours in the best shape, just ask when we come to drop it off.
We always try to complete our rug cleaning as soon as possible, usually within a few days. If you have a specific time which you need your rug returned by then please let us know and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Yes, don’t worry if you don’t know what material your rug is made from, we can identify it and provide the best cleaning solution.
When we return your rug after cleaning it will be fully dry and ready for use.
Off site cleaning is the preferred method of cleaning oriental and Persian rugs. Due to their high value and the skill required to clean effectively, we offer a collect and return service for rug cleaning Southend and across Essex, so that we can clean your rugs effectively off-site and return them to you once cleaned and dried.